There is a plethora of EHR+Billing systems designed for the solo-practice. At under $100 per provider per month, the price is right. What is not right is the thinking that the lower cost will result in improved earnings. Almost always, collections will worsen - for three reasons:
1) You will make more billing mistakes. It's inevitable. Most of your claims will go smoothly, but the few that don't will become casualties...because timely-filing rules will kick in...or, you'll just throw up your hands.
2) A novice biller will not know all the little tricks to improving collections. These kind of losses will be below your radar, and could continue for many years.
3) Promotion of the practice will be compromised by the time spent on billing and collecting. Every hour you are working on the billing is an hour that you could have been networking and promoting your practice.
A better solution for building a lucrative solo-practice is to let our Billing Specialists handle your insurance processing and family billing. Our fees are low, because we're going to ask you to help us with a few things:
1) Help us capture the intake and session data...for example, by importing from an EHR system.
2) Use our Message Center, rather than the phone, to communicate with us about routine client billing issues.
3) Work with us to maximize your collections. You have direct contact with the family, so collection efforts needs to be coordinated.
The cost is just $3.78 for an insured session, 63 cents for a self-pay session. The cost is easy to justify...in view of the higher collections enjoyed.
Under this program, the Procedure and Claim fees are eliminated. Instead, the practice pays a small all-inclusive flat fee per procedure, as follows:
Insured primary procedure: $3.78
Insured add-on procedure: $1.10
Uninsured primary procedure: $.63
Uninsured add-on procedure: $.31
Here are the advantages of getting on this program.